- Ease & Manage your aches and pains
- Recover from many injuries and sport injuries
- Ease & Manage pain (acute and chronic)
- Improve sport performance
- Promote health and relaxation
The British Medical Association (BMA) states that General Practitioners can safely refer patients to osteopaths, and in this context, health care practitioners refer patients to us.
However, you do not need to be referred by your GP to book a consultation with us.
Many of our patients are referred to us by people we have treated.
Patients are mainly referred to us locally from Totteridge, Whetstone, Cockfosters, Mill Hill, Edgware, Finchley, Radlett, Borehamwood, Bushey, Arkley, Woodside Park, Enfield, Hendon, Stanmore, Potters Bar and Southgate.
We are Health Care Provider for: WPA/ PRUHEALTH/ AVIVA
Conditions commonly seen at Advanced Osteopathy:
- Back and neck pain
- Headaches associated with muscular tension
- Jaw problems such as clicking
- Shoulder, elbow, wrist, arm and hand problems
- Rib dysfunctions and diaphragm restrictions
- Pelvic, sacral, coccygeal, hip, knee, thigh, leg, ankle and feet problems
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Sport and dance injuries
- Arthritic pain, joint pain and stiffness
- Trapped nerves, e.g. sciatica, carpal tunnel, pins and needles
- Muscle problems, e.g. hamstring strain
- Tendon problems, e.g. tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow
- Ligamentous dysfunction, e.g. ligamentous sprain, ankle sprain
- Joints problems, e.g. knee osteoarthritis
- Pain associated with annular strain, prolapsed disc, disc bulge
- Cramps, muscle spasms and inability to relax
- Postural problems, e.g. bad posture, scoliosis
However, the list is not exhaustive. To request information about a specific condition, please click on this link to email me
Or contact us on 020 7112 8236 or 07545 786 607.
Who do we treat? We treat adolescents and the elderly alike from all background:
- sedentary people – active individuals – sportsmen/women such as golfers, footballers, cyclists…
- athletes – performers
- manual workers – office and desk bound individuals
- pregnant women – post pregnacy – menopausal and/or post-menopausal women
How do we help you:
Treatments are tailored individually to each patients. We use safe and gentle manual techniques to stimulate healing and repair improving the circulatory system, including the lymphatic system and the nervous system. Our holistic approach, combines structural osteopathy with cranial, visceral techniques and medical acupuncture.
A wide range of manual techniques will be used to suit your needs.
Some named examples of manual techniques:
- Examples of specific massage techniques: cross fibre massage, longitudinal massage, friction, deep tissue massage, sport massage techniques…
- Myofascial techniques – myofascial release
- Harmonic techniques
- Functional techniques
- High Velocity Thrust Low Amplitude (known as by the public as “clicking joints”)
- Inhibition – deep pressure – acupressure
- Strain/ Counter strain
- Joint’s articulation
- Muscle energy techniques and PNS (proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation)
- Strengthening exercises
- Neuromuscular rehabilitation (rehabilitation)
These techniques are aimed at:
- Reducing pain
- Helping heal and repair tissues
- Improving mobility
- Enhancing fluid circulation (blood flow, venous return and lymphatic drainage)
- Affecting positively the nervous system
- Rebalancing inadequate muscle tension, increasing muscle strength and lenght
- Improving posture
- Promoting health and relaxation
- Decreasing stress
We also offer osteopathic treatments and private yoga classes from the comfort of your house or your office. Specific charges apply. Please click on this link for more information.